CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

So Sick Of....

So we have decided at our house to host the winter illnesses, lucky us!!! I have been sick with a head cold and cough, Staelie has stayed home from school and church not feeling good, McKall has had a few days of not feeling good and so has Jentrie. Stockden has decided that it is his turn. It started the other day with a croupy sounding cough. I let him sleep in my room so if he did get croup in the night I would hear it and it never came. He was coughing so hard in the night that he was almost throwing up. He was still really active during the day and then night would hit and he was a mess. As the days went on he started acting sick during the day he would come curl up with me on the couch and just lay there, he then started to run a fever. Of course the Dr was full and could only see me after hours during McKalls dance performance. We went in and found out that he has RSV and double ear infections. We are having to do breathing treatments every 4 hours and that makes the night way to short for both of our likings. Then Jentrie was playing on the slide she slipped and hit her mouth/face on the metal bar. She was bleeding like crazy when she got home soaked through 2 coats. We got her cleaned up and it didnt look to bad. I gave her some Tylenol and thought we were good but as time went on the pain in her gums and below her nose just kept getting worse. She is not one of my kids that is a drama queen when she is hurt. She said she needed to go get checked out. We headed to the ER and had a nice long 3 hour wait. It was not fun and she was ready to just leave. She kept saying we are out of here. They said she has a soft tissue injury. We are going to try and get her into the denist tomorrow to have her teeth and gums looked at again. She is just hurting so much and to top it off she is getting a horrible cough with it. Lucky me!! Oh well the joys of kids and I still would not trade it for the world we will just take it one day at a time and be grateful for the fact that they are not sick to often. Here are some pictures of Jentrie at the ER. We were talking and realized that this is the first time she has every been to the ER and she is almost 10. I figure that is pretty dang good considering she is my most daring child. I will just keep knocking on wood.





1 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry about all the illnesses and injuries. Esther says, "Poor Jent!"

Post a Comment