CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I totally forgot to take pictures. So sorry no pictures I know I cant believe I did that. The kids were so excited. We kept Easter pretty low key as I have not been feeling good and McKall hasn't felt well either. They got their Easter baskets this morning and were so excited. We then did a egg hunt in the afternoon. Stockden was so funny. There was candy that wouldn't fit in eggs and he wanted nothing to do with anything that wasn't in an egg. He loved gathering the eggs. He called Jose (he is out of town again in Texas) to tell him about it and gets on the phone and says Dad its Christmas. He is so funny. He got a car set that he kept calling his car box. He kept asking for his car box and I kept telling him that it was for Easter, he would get mad and say no its not for Easter its for me. He was not understanding. He is too funny. Jentrie ended up with the most candy from the egg hunt and was so good to share with her sisters. McKall and Jentrie both got new swimming suits for Easter and Staelie got a new outfit. Staelie got a new swimming suit from my sister for her birthday.We had a nice relaxing afternoon. Everyone took a nap except for Jentrie. It felt so good.  I am so thankful for the Easter season and what it celebrates our Savior. I am grateful for the Savior in my life and everything that he sacrificed for me.

Jose is in Texas for Easter. Lucky him. He did not want to have to go but that is just how life works sometimes. He was telling me about his Easter and I think he really got the best experience of Easter and I am so proud of the wonderful gracious and selfless person that he is. He had stopped at a truck stop to stretch his legs. There was a family that was trying to sell a radio to get gas money. Jose ended up talking to the gentleman. They were moving from California to Texas and were about 60 miles from their destination when they ran out of gas. The mans aunt was willing to drive down to get them but he wanted to try to raise the money himself 1st. Jose gave him $20.00 and told him to keep the radio. The man acted almost offended he turned to Jose and said I am not looking for a handout I want to pay my own way. Jose was so amazed that this man wanted to take care of his family instead of taking a handout. Jose then went in the store as he was walking in there was a lady asking for change to get a drink. She is standing there with a little girl. Jose hurries and gives her some money and heads to the bathroom. When he comes out their is the lady paying for her drink. The little girl was about Staelies age and he just couldn't help it he walks up to the little girl and tells her it is Easter and that she should have a treat for Easter. He lets her pick out some candies and he pays for it and tells her Happy Easter. He said the smile on her face was so amazing. When he went back outside. The lady and the little girl ended up being the wife and daughter of the man he had helped earlier. He said that was the best feeling. Being able to serve someone that was in need. Makes me sure appreciate what a nice situation I have and the amazing people in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment